After the terrible events of the last few months across the world we want to give you all the latest factual information we can provide on the COVID situation and Scuba diving.
This information is compiled with information from the Spanish and Tenerife Government’s, PADI, DAN and ABRE.
Also there is an implementation of the updated laws from the Spanish Government on Scuba Diving being effective 1st July 2020 and also our Local Town Hall has started to make some changes to procedures for divers locally.
This page will be updated with any relevant information and news and we ask all our divers to refer to this page for the most up to date information.
COVID – Tenerife
We spent 99 days in Lockdown with very strict restrictions on movements etc.
During this time we had a total of 110 deaths across the Island.
In our Municipality of Arico we have had no deaths.
On the 20th June the Spanish borders were opened and international air travel for nonresident’s resumes on the 1st July from most Countries.
We are open for business.
The air industry, like all businesses, was hit very hard but is preparing to get back to work with new procedures.
You will need to check with your airline and departure airport of what these are, but this is what can be expected at the moment from most airlines / airports.
- Not all terminals are open, check before arrival.
- Face mask’s MUST be worn at all times in the airport.
- Face mask vending machines are available at some airports.
- Hand Sanitizers are available throughout the airports.
- Your temperature will be checked before being allowed to proceed through Security.
- Most shops are closed.
- Most Bars are closed.
- Heath Check form being emailed by Airlines which MUST be completed before arrival in Tenerife.
- Form to be handed in at passport Control.
- Face mask’s MUST be worn at all times on the flights.
- No in-flight food / drink services being offered.
- Seat Belts to be worn at all times.
- No walking around cabin permitted.
- Toilet use by request.
- Most Bars open
- Most restaurants open
- Shopping malls open
- Beaches open – with local restrictions
- Face Masks to be worn in Shops
- 1.5 Metre distance to be kept where possible, if not mask to be worn.
We have adopted a number of new procedures to ensure our clients remain safe above all else.
On arrival you will be given a full briefing of what to expect.
- Face Masks must be worn in the Dive Centre
- Social Distancing of 1.5 Meters must be kept
- Disinfecting and rinsing procedures are in place
- Medical forms must be completed prior to arrival
If you are unsure about any information please send us an email.